In the world of orgasms (sounds like a great place, huh?), if a woman’s best friend is the clitoris, then the G-spot is that girlfriend that comes to town less often, but makes for a freakin’ unforgettable night when she’s here.
Your G-spot is actually part of the whole structure of your clitoris, which extends three to five inches inside you along the vaginal canal. (Get your full lesson in female anatomy here.) While everyone’s G-spot is in a different, um, spot, it’s usually located about two to three inches inside your vagina along the front wall, says Sari Cooper, certified sex therapist, and director of the Center for Love and Sex in New York City. Since blood flow to the area causes it to swell, the more aroused you are the easier it is to find. (As if you needed another excuse for some steamier, longer foreplay.)
Essentially, the G-spot orgasm is less reliable, but it’s oh-so-good when it shows up.
“Not every woman will have a G-spot orgasm, and that’s totally normal,” says Cooper. And she’s right: Studies have shown that only about a third of women have had them.
But we say there’s no harm in trying. So conduct your own personal research tonight with these sexy moves that target your G-spot. Worst case, your consolation prize is a night of super hot sex. We’ll take it.
- How to do it: Lie on your left side as he straddles your left leg. Curl your right leg around his waist.
- Why it works: You’re more relaxed in this position, so he controls the action, says Cooper. That way you can focus on guiding him to thrust toward your G-spot.
Love On Top
- How to do it: Straddle him and bend back slightly while holding onto his thighs.
- Why it works: Hop on, cowgirl! This one’s a triple pleasure whammy. First, keeping your lower back arched in this position will help keep his penis angled toward the front wall as you move. Second, you’re in charge. You can move as you see fit to make that G-spot O happen. Hold onto his thighs to support yourself as you move. And third, this move is hands-free for him, so he can stimulate your breasts or your clit to amp up your arousal, which increases blood flow to your G-spot. (Even better: Have him stimulate your clit with this 20-function bullet vibrator from the Prevention Shop.)
Pop the Trunk
- How to do it: Lie on your belly with your legs straight and your hips raised (throw a pillow or two underneath you if you need to). Have him penetrate you from behind.
- Why it works: This version of doggy style offers a better angle to reach that front wall, says Cooper. And even though he’s in charge of the movement here, you can adjust the angle by raising your hips higher or lower.
- How to do it: Get into the spooning position with him as the big spoon. Bring your knees up slightly and have him enter you from behind.
- Why it works: This position provides the perfect angle for his penis to reach that front wall where your G-spot is, says Cooper. Have him aim for that, she says. You can also lean forward more and push yourself back into him to get there, she says. Want to double the fun? This position also allows for easy clit access, so use your hands or a vibe to have a clitoral orgasm first—that blood flow will cause the G-spot to swell, making it larger and easier to reach for a second big O.
Get It Right, Get It Tight
- How to do it: Lie on your back and lift your legs up so that they’re resting on his shoulders.
- Why it works: Having your legs up offers a wider opening for him to thrust harder, says Cooper. Plus, kneeling gives him more balance so he can hit the hot spot (guide him verbally) with every thrust.