Pretty much any woman who’s ever had an orgasm will tell you that it takes lots and lots of practice to nail down what moves make us ohh and ahhh like it’s the freaking 4th of July. The good news is that, for most of us, once we get it right there’s no turning back. The orgasm train is running full steam ahead.
To find out what gets other ladies off (you know, so you can steal their strategies) we talked to real (and brave) ladies who got super-honest about the move that gave them their biggest O ever.
Slow And Steady
- “I wasn’t able to have an orgasm with just anyone—it took a serious relationship and a lot of chemistry to get me to the point where I felt comfortable enough to let loose. What finally did it for me was having slow sex. I like when we look at each other and I see him intensely pleased by me. It really turns me on. I can also orgasm in the missionary position when he thrusts slowly, looking me in the eyes, and touching me at the same time.”
- “My boyfriend has a little trouble staying hard for longer than five minutes, which made it really difficult for me to orgasm (something I had yet to do in my first 23 years of life!). I was eager to understand the sensation I’d read about and heard my friends discuss over a boozy brunch. I figured out that my boyfriend can last the longest in reverse cowgirl. And, through trial and error, we realized that if he rubs my clit while he’s inside of me and thrusts hard enough—I can get off! It’s made my boyfriend and I feel so much closer and more intimate.”
Girl On Top
- “For years I had no trouble achieving an orgasm, but couldn’t seem to do it during sex. I found it much easier just to use my hands (even my husband’s hand didn’t do the trick). The first time I was able to reach the finish line was while I was on top. There was just something about the friction, rubbing against my husband’s pelvis while he was pulling me back and forth that stimulated me enough to get there. We still aren’t sure if he’s hit my G-spot though. That is next on our list!”
- “It took me a long time, and quite a few dudes to figure out that I’m able to orgasm when I’m lying flat on my stomach with my hips raised (naturally or propped up by a pillow). If the guy is on the smaller side, I use a larger pillow so my hips are propped up higher and he’s able to thrust at a higher angle.”
- “I read about sex positions that were best for orgasming in a magazine, and I did a bit of experimenting with my dildo. Then, I put my learnings to the test with a fairly new partner. Before this, I had never experienced an orgasm during sex, but we gave good old missionary a try—with my hips raised. I tried lifting my hips, like a bridge, and it worked. I now use a Liberator pillow to prop up my hips and achieve an orgasm most of the time. I also orgasm easily when on top—something I figured out by experimenting with different partners.”
One Legged Doggy
- “My new guy is rather large, and I was intimidated by his package at first. But now I completely embrace it. Together we found where my G-spot was located and tried almost every position in the book. What finally worked for me was raising my left leg above my right shoulder. It sounds pretty out there, but it works for me.”
The Dirty Dangle
- “This might sound strange (it has to some of my friends), but I first experienced an orgasm during sex when I was being penetrated with my legs dangling off the bed (or couch, depending on where it’s going down). It does look awkward, but it’s the perfect angle because where the guy thrusts and pushes hits exactly on my G-spot. Fair warning—this position takes some abs work, as your butt is half off the bed, but reaching your climax makes it so worth it!”