Buy Efavir 600mg Online
Efavir is taken with other antiretroviral medications to treat patients infected with HIV-1. The main component of Efavir is efavirenz, and it is available in 200mg and 600mg tablets. Efavir cannot stop the progression of HIV to AIDS on its own; it must be part of a regimen of anti-HIV medications. Adding only Efavir to a currently failing regimen is also insufficient.
How does Efavir work?
Efavir tablets 600mg (also known as Sustiva) contain efavirenz, a non-nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI), which is only effective against RNA viruses (retroviruses) like Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). It works by inhibiting the action of the viral-specific enzyme reverse transcriptase (RT), which is needed for the virus to be able to replicate. Retroviruses convert RNA to DNA, which is then integrated into the DNA of infected immune cells so that the virus can replicate. Efavirenz in Efavir 600 acts by binding to a specific site on the RT enzyme and blocks its action in a manner that is noncompetitive with nucleosides (precursors to the building blocks of DNA and RNA), thereby preventing the conversion of viral RNA to DNA.
This action prevents the integration of virus into the DNA of the infected CD4+ immune cell, which inhibits the replication of HIV so that no more virus can be produced; and this reduces the viral load (amount of virus). Efavir tablets 600mg slow down the replication of HIV within your body but does not kill the virus already incorporated in the CD4+ cells or prevent the spread of the infection to others.
Before taking Efavirenz
Before taking Efavirenz, take care of all precautions mentioned above. Discuss them with your doctor and clear all doubts which you may have about this drug. Also, to ensure that this medicine is safe for you, inform your doctor in advance if you have these conditions: liver disease including hepatitis B or C, high cholesterol or triglycerides, or if you have taken delavirdine or nevirapine previously and they were ineffective in treating your condition.
Side effects of Efavir (600 mg)
- Most Common : Dizziness, nausea, headache, fatigue, sleeplessness and vomiting.
- Body as a Whole : Allergic reactions, weakness and redistribution/accumulation of body fat.
- Central Nervous System : Poor concentration, drowsiness, abnormal dreaming, emotion, confusion, agitation, memory loss, hallucinations, stupor, abnormal thinking and depersonalization.
- Genitourinary : Breast enlargement in male.
- Gastrointestinal : Constipation and malabsorption.
- Heart : Flushing and palpitations.
- Liver : Increase in liver enzyme and liver failure/inflammation.
- Metabolic : Increased level of cholesterol in blood.
- Musculoskeletal : Muscle pain and joint pain.
- Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing.
Efavirenz Dosing Information
Efavirenz dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, sex, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor’s advice properly for best results.
Precautions & Warnings
Nervous system system side effects typically begin within a couple of days after starting Efavir and cease in two-four weeks. Those with a previous history of psychiatric illness may be at a greater risk for psychiatric symptoms. Rashes often resolve on their own but can rarely become serious. Some patients who have had seizures in the past experienced convulsions while taking Efavir. Patients with hepatitis or who are taking other treatments metabolized by the liver, such as concomitant anticonvulsants, must have their plasma levels and liver enzymes monitored while on Efavir. It is also recommend that patients taking Efavir have their triglycerides and cholesterol checked on a regular basis.
Expert advice for Efavir Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of mental illness or convulsions (fits or seizures).
- Ensure that efavirenz is always taken in combination with other anti-HIV medicines and never alone.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop signs of dizziness, difficulty sleeping, drowsiness, difficulty concentrating or abnormal dreaming or any signs of skin rash or inflammation or infection.
- Take the required precautions to prevent transmission as efavirenz does not prevent the spread of HIV virus to others through blood or sexual contact.
- Do not drive if you have taken efavirenz as it may cause dizziness.
- Do take if allergic to efavirenz or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if sufering with severe liver disease.
- Avoid if patient is Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Efavir may lower CYP3A4 substrate concentrations in plasma. Rifabutin, rifampin, phenobarbital and other drugs that interact with CYP3A4 activity can quicken Efavir’s elimination from the body leading to reduced plasma concentrations. Efavir can inhibit 2C9, 3A4 and 2C19 isoenzymes. Patients also taking products metabolized by these isoenzymes may require dosing adjustments.
Missed dose of Efavir
If you miss a dose of Efavir tablets 600mg take it as soon as you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose.
How should Efavir be stored?
You should store your Efavir below 30°C in a cool dry place