Buy Glycomet 1000mg Online
Glycomet 1000mg Tablet SR is an effective first choice medicine used to control high blood glucose levels in patients with type II diabetes. Patients are advised to maintain a strict exercise and diet regimen along with this medicine to get the best possible effect. It helps in minimizing the risk of diabetes-associated complications such as blindness, kidney damage, stroke and heart attack.
Metformin is an anti-diabetic medication (biguanide). It works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body’s sensitivity to insulin.
How does Glycomet work?
Glycomet tablets 1000mg contain the active ingredient metformin hydrochloride, which is an oral antihyperglycaemic medication belonging to the biguanide group of drugs. Glycomet-1 controls blood glucose (sugar) by lowering levels of glucose after a meal (posprandial) as well as keeping levels normal between meals (basal levels), by helping the body respond to insulin without increasing insulin production. Glycomet-1 works using three different mechanisms: decreasing glucose production in the liver, which is normally switched off when blood glucose levels are high enough; increasing sensitivity to insulin in fat and muscle tissue, where excess glucose is removed from the blood and stored; reducing absorption of glucose by the intestines from the diet. Maintaining glycaemic control with Glycomet tablets 1000mg reduces risk of serious health complications associated with diabetes, including diabetic retinopathy (damage to the retina in the eye with loss of vision), diabetic neuropathy (nerve damage) and diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage), as well as cardiovascular disease. Glycomet tablets 1000mg are formulated for sustained release to provide a steady absorption rate over four to eight hours.
The contraindications of Metformin Hydrochloride are given below:
- Hypersensitivity to Metformin HCl or any of the tablet inactive ingredients.
- Patients with a history of ketoacidosis with or without coma. Significant renal impairment (serum creatinine levels greater or equal to 136micromol/L (males), and greater or equal to 124micromol/L (females) or abnormal creatinine clearance).
- Severe hepatic dysfunction.
- Excessive alcohol intake either acute or chronic.
- Cardiovascular collapse and in disease states associated with hypoxemia e.g. cardiorespiratory insufficiency which are often associated with hyperlactacidemia.
- During stress conditions e.g. severe infections, trauma, or surgery or the recovery stage thereafter.
- States associated with lactic acidosis e.g. shock or pulmonary insufficiency.
- Patients with a history of lactic acidosis irrespective of the precipitating factors.
- Patients suffering from severe dehydration.
Several medications interact with Glycomet tablets 1000mg and should either not be taken while you are taking Glycomet or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that interact with Glycomet to increase side effects: other diabetes medications like sulfonylureas and repaglinide, ACE inhibitors for high blood pressure, corticosteroids such as prednisone, cortisone
- Drugs that affect Glycomet, cimetidine for reflux and ulcers, medications for high blood pressure and heart conditions like nifedipine, beta-blockers, diuretics, thyroid medicines
- Drugs that are affected by Glycomet, anticoagulants
- Metformin is the medicine of choice to lower blood sugar levels.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) along with Glycomet.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines.
- An upset stomach with nausea and diarrhoea may occur in the first two weeks; take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or on delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief.
- Notify your doctor if you have a kidney disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency and symptoms of anemia like fatigue, pale skin, shortness of breath or headache may occur. Notify your doctor if you experience any of these as you may require supplements.
When should Glycomet not be used?
You should not use Glycomet tablets 1000mg if you:
- are allergic to metformin or any other biguanide or any ingredients in Glycomet
- are pregnant or are breastfeeding without discussion with your doctor
- have kidney or liver disease
- have a conditions affecting renal function, like dehydration, severe infection or shock
- have diabetic ketoacidosis, diabetic precoma
- have acute or chronic disease which may cause tissue hypoxia such as heart failure, recent myocardial infarction, respiratory failure, pulmonary embolism, shock, acute significant blood loss, sepsis, gangrene, pancreatitis
- have a history of lactic acidosis
- have a problem with alcohol
- are undergoing radiological treatment with intravascular iodinated contrast agents which may lead to renal failure, resulting in metformin accumulation and a risk of lactic acidosis
- are taking medications that may interact with Glycomet-1 including: cimetidine for reflux and ulcers, medications for high blood pressure and heart conditions like nifedipine, beta-blockers, diuretics, other diabetes medications like sulfonylureas and repaglinide, corticosteroids such as prednisone, cortisone, anticoagulants
Caution When Used In Patients With CHF Especially In Those With Unstable Or Acute Heart Failure. Risk Of Lactic Acid Accumulation Increases With The Degree Of Renal Impairment. May Need To Discontinue Treatment In Patients With Stress-Related States E.G. Fever, Trauma, Infection Or Surgery. Metformin Should Be Temporarily Discontinued For 48 Hr In Patients Undergoing Radiologic Studies Involving Intravascular Admin Of Iodinated Contrast Materials. Elderly. Monitor Renal Function Regularly. May Impair Ability To Drive Or Operate Machinery.
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Glycomet tablets 1000mg include: gastrointestinal symptoms (such as diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting) which are usually mild and resolve spontaneously during continued treatment, metallic taste in the mouth and skin rash. A rare and potentially life threatening side effect is lactic acidosis (a build up of lactic acid in the blood) that can occur due to accumulation of metformin, particularly if you are taking high doses of metformin above 2000mg per day, have kidney problems, drink excessive amounts of alcohol, are elderly.
- Glycomet 1gm Tablet SR is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- It is used in addition to diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
Glycomet tablets 1000mg are used to help control hyperglycaemia (high blood sugar levels) in people with type-2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM, also called non insulin-dependent diabetes or maturity onset diabetes) who are unable to achieve adequate glycaemic control (normal blood sugar levels) with diet and exercise alone, which is a particular problem associated with obesity. Glycomet-1 can be used as first time treatment for newly diagnosed diabetics, or for patients who are not responding to an alternative medication, and can be used either alone or in combination with another oral antihyperglycaemic medication (lowers blood sugar). In some cases Glycomet tablets 1000mg is used in conjunction with insulin in type 1 diabetes (also called insulin -dependent diabetes), where insulin alone is not enough to control blood sugar levels.
Brenda Besson –
From ordering to shipping and tracking, all great.
Bermudez Thomas –
very professional and order came within a few weeks… will use them again and again… good service.. product is great.
SylLo Alb –
Fantastic service, fast delivery good product the best part is the affordable prices i would recommendTo anybody..
Order came exactly as described and quality is good…!!
Lars Wolfhagen –
Accurate order, packed well, and sent quickly. Great selection and service. Never had a problem! Thanks so much!
Freddie Wood –
we have been using this site for several times, it has always been reliable.Always excellent prices and fast delivery!