Buy P-Glitz 30mg Online
P Glitz 30MG Tablet is an effective medicine to control blood sugar levels in type II Diabetes Mellitus patients. It is to be used along with controlled diet and regular exercise. This medicine may be used in combination with other medicines for effective control.
How does it work?
P Glitz 30mg pill contains pioglitazone which is a synthetic potent glucocorticoid which exerts anti inflammatory properties. It works by stopping the production and secretion of the glucose by the liver into the blood. Generally starting dose is 15mg which may be increased to 45mg but dosage depends on certain factors like severity of disease, age, sex, weight etc of the patient. Dose should be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
Pioglitazone tablets should be taken once daily and can be taken with or without meals. The recommended starting dose of P-Glitz tablets for patients without congestive heart failure is 15 mg or 30 mg once daily.The recommended starting dosage for patients with congestive heart failure (NYHA Class I or II) is 15 mg once daily.
In case of inadequate glycemic control, the dose can be titrated in increments of 15 mg up to a maximum of 45 mg once daily based on glycemic response of the individual patient as determined by HbA1c. After initiation of Pioglitazone tablets or with dose increase, monitor patients carefully for side effects related to fluid retention such as weight gain, edema, and signs and symptoms of congestive heart failure.
Liver tests (serum alanine and aspartate aminotransferases, alkaline phosphatase, and total bilirubin) should be obtained before starting treatment with Pioglitazone tablets. In case of abnormal liver tests, use caution when treating with Generic Actos. Routine periodic monitoring of liver tests during treatment with Pioglitazone tablets are not recommended in patients without liver disease.
Drugs That Are Likely To Affect The Effect Of Pioglitazone Are Gemfibrozil, Rifampicin, Beta Blockers, Gatifloxacin, Teriflunomide, Leflunomide, Lomitapide And Mipomersen. Always Consult Your Physician For The Change Of Dose Regimen Or An Alternative Drug Of Choice That May Strictly Be Required
Warnings & Precautions
- have severe heart failure
- are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine
Talk to your doctor before taking Pioglitazone HCl tablets if you have either of these conditions.
Before you start taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you:
- have type 1 (“juvenile”) diabetes or had diabetic ketoacidosis
- have a type of diabetic eye disease that causes swelling in the back of the eye (macular edema)
- have liver problems
- are a premenopausal woman (before the “change of life”) who does not have periods regularly or at all.
This medicine may increase your chance of becoming pregnant. Talk to your doctor about birth control choices while taking this medicine.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
P-Glitz Tablets and some of your other medicines can affect each other. You may need to have your dose of this medicine or certain other medicines changed.
It is not known if this medicine is safe and effective in children.
Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of your medicines and show it to your doctor and pharmacist before you start a new medicine. They will tell you if it is okay to take this medicine with other medicines.
Given previous experiences with the related drug troglitazone, acute diseases of the liver are regarded as a contraindication for pioglitazone. Pioglitazone and all other drugs of its class (thiazolidinediones) are absolutely contraindicated in patients with heart failure.
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Bladder cancer
- Bone fracture
- Nasal infection
- Visual impairment
- Weight gain
Frequently Asked Questions
Is P glitz a blood thinner?
- P glitz is an anti-diabetic medication. Blood thinners are the medicine that prevents the formation of a harmful blood clot. These include medicines like Aspirin, Heparin and Warfarin.
Is P glitz a diuretic?
- P glitz is not a diuretic. It is used in the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus. Diuretics are those medicine which increases urination.
Can P glitz used in Hepatitis B infection?
- Some studies have shown that P glitz may be helpful in preventing Hepatitis B Virus-associated Hepatocellular Cancer (Liver Cancer). However, these findings are still very preliminary and clear role has not been established.
Can P glitz used in Hepatitis C infection?
- P glitz has been shown to inhibit Liver Cancer (HCC) recurrence in overweight Hepatitis C Virus-infected diabetic patients. It also improved insulin resistance (a state where the body is resistant to the effects and functions of the insulin hormone) in them.
Can P glitz used along with Vitamin D?
- Studies indicate that Vitamin-D combined with P glitz may be more effective in improving Bone Mineral Density and Bone Metabolism than Vitamin-D or P glitz alone in the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus patients with kidney dysfunction (Diabetic Nephropathy).
Can P glitz be used along with sitagliptin?
- Combination therapy with Sitagliptin and P glitz leads to a substantial and sustained improvement in glycemic (blood sugar) control compared to the treatment with P glitz alone. This is useful for patients who cannot tolerate Metformin or Sulfonylureas.
Is there any role of P glitz in Alzheimer disease?
- Recent evidence suggests that P glitz may be beneficial in Alzheimer’s disease (AD), decreasing the cognitive decline early in the disease process. However, larger studies are now in progress to establish the same.
Can P glitz and repaglinide combined in diabetes treatment?
- For patients who previously failed oral antidiabetic therapy, the combination of Repaglinide and P glitz have acceptable safety, with greater reductions of glycemic parameters (blood sugar levels) than using either agent alone.
Does P glitz cause urinary bladder tumour?
- Large population studies indicate that P glitz is associated with an increased risk of bladder cancer. The absence of an association of bladder cancer with the other drug of the same class, Rosiglitazone, suggests that the increased risk is drug specific and not a class effect.
Are P glitz and rosiglitazone same?
- P glitz & Rosiglitazone both belong to a class of antidiabetics called Thiazolidinediones. Rosiglitazone has been removed from the market because using this drug was associated with increased risk of cardiovascular events like heart attack and stroke. This is not seen with P glitz.
Can P glitz be used along with glimepiride in diabetes?
- P glitz when added to Glimepiride in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus, has been found to significantly reduce plasma lipid levels and significant improvement in blood pressure control related to a reduction in the insulin resistance.
Is P glitz a steroid?
- P glitz is not a steroid. It is an anti-diabetic medication which belongs to the class of thiazolidinediones.
How to use P glitz?
- P glitz is an anti-diabetes drug used along with a proper diet and exercise program to control high blood sugar in patients with type 2 diabetes. P glitz acts as an insulin sensitizer and decreases the extent of insulin resistance in the body too.
How safe is P glitz?
- P glitz cardiovascular safety profile compares favourably with that of Rosiglitazone. P glitz has been found to be associated with bladder tumours but causality assessment has not been proved yet.
How does P glitz cause oedema?
- P glitz increases the permeability of fluid in tiny blood vessels called capillaries. This results in easier movement of fluids across the membrane and their consequent accumulation, resulting in oedema (puffiness). Also, P glitz causes increased sodium and water reabsorption from the kidney that contributes to the oedema.
How does P glitz cause bladder cancer?
- The mechanism behind the link between P glitz use and bladder cancer is still unknown. Studies have suggested that use of P glitz for more than one year results in increased risk of development of tumour of the urinary bladder.
How does P glitz cause heart failure?
- P glitz can cause fluid retention and edema. Consequently, there is a lot of fluid in the body (fluid overload). As a result, it may precipitate heart failure (which worsens with fluid overload in those at risk).
How P glitz protects against atherosclerosis?
- Studies in animals have concluded that P glitz improves the elasticity of the aortic wall ( the aorta is a large blood vessel that arises from the heart and supplies oxygenated blood to the rest of the body). This may be a mechanism by which it protects against atherosclerosis, but more studies are needed to confirm this.
Can P glitz be used with insulin?
- The addition of P glitz reduces daily insulin dosages, but study findings have not been consistent. Improvement of lipid profiles has also been weak with this combination therapy. Long-term studies are needed before any conclusions can be reached. Combination therapy should be primarily used for patients who achieve an insufficient reduction in blood sugar with insulin alone.
Which is not safe in heart failure, P glitz or rosiglitazone?
- P glitz & Rosiglitazone both belong to a class of antidiabetics called Thiazolidinediones. Rosiglitazone has been removed from the market because using this drug was associated with increased risk of cardiovascular events like heart attack and stroke. P glitz can cause heart failure too, but the risk is less that that with Rosiglitazone. Both the medicines should be avoided in heart failure.
What are the alternatives to P glitz?
- Fortunately, there are many alternatives to P glitz- Metformin, Acarbose, Sitagliptin, Exenatide, Insulin or combination therapies of these medicines can be used.
Can P glitz used for dementia?
- Findings indicate that P glitz treatment is associated with a reduced dementia risk in Diabetes mellitus patients. Prospective studies are needed to evaluate a possible neuroprotective effect in these patients in an ageing population.
Can P glitz used for infertility?
- P glitz may be of use in infertile patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) who are resistant to conventional ovulation induction such as by drugs like Clomiphene, Dexamethasone, or Metformin.
Can P glitz used for psoriasis?
- The use of P glitz for plaque psoriasis treatment is controversial. Some studies revealed no effect of P glitz 30 mg daily neither on the clinical response of moderate-to-severe psoriasis whereas others demonstrate that it could be considered as an efficacious and safe agent for the treatment of plaque psoriasis.
Can P glitz used for autism?
- In a research study in a small number of autistic children, daily treatment with 30 or 60 mg P glitz for 3–4 months induced apparent clinical improvement. P glitz should be considered for further testing of therapeutic potential in autistic patients but as of now, autism is not an approved indication for P glitz use.
Can P glitz be used in depression?
- P glitz, either alone or as add-on therapy to conventional treatments, could clinically benefit patients of major depression according to a study.
Can P glitz used for weight loss?
- A recent study shows that although P glitz causes a significant decrease in blood sugar, HbA1C and lipid levels, it is associated with weight gain, which would limit its utility. It has not been shown to cause weight loss.
Can P glitz be used to treat fatty liver?
- P glitz has also been used to treat non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (fatty liver), but this use is presently considered experimental.
Can P glitz be used for secondary stroke prevention?
- P glitz reduces recurrent stroke and major vascular events in stroke patients with insulin resistance, prediabetes, and diabetes mellitus. However, its use as a preventive therapy requires more research.
Keep it at room temperature and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.