Buy Veenat 100mg
Veenat 100mg Capsule is used to treat and prevent the growth of certain types of cancers of the blood cells, stomach, intestine, bone marrow, and skin.
Veenat (Imatinib Mesylate Tablets) are used for the treatment of adult and paediatric patients with Ph+ CML (Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukaemia) as well as to treat patients with Kit (CD117) positive unresectable and/or metastatic malignant GIST (gastrointestinal stromal tumours).
Veenat 100mg Composition
Veenat 100mg Company Name
- Natco Pharma
Veenat 100mg How To Work
Veenat 100mg Capsule is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
What Is Veenat 100mg
Imatinib is a drug used to treat certain types of cancer. It is currently marketed by Novartis as Gleevec (USA) or Glivec (Europe/Australia) as its mesylate salt, imatinib mesilate (INN) (formerly called STI-571). It is used in treating chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML), gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) and other cancers. It is the first member of a new class of agents that act by specifically inhibiting a certain enzyme that is characteristic of a particular cancer cell, rather than non-specifically inhibiting and killing all rapidly dividing cells. In CML, the enzyme tyrosine kinase is stuck in the “on” position. Imatinib binds to the site of tyrosine kinase activity, and prevents its activity.
Veenat 100mg How To Take
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Veenat 100mg Capsule is to be taken with food.
Veenat 100mg Instructions
Take Veenat 100mg Capsule exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller quantities than recommended. Do not take this medicine on an empty stomach. You may require frequent blood tests and liver function tests while taking this medicine. You may also require frequent followups with your doctor to check the progress of treatment. Do not stop the use of this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Veenat 100mg Drug Interactions
Veenat 100mg Side Effects
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Mouth sores
- Loss of appetite
- Altered sense of taste
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Joint pain, stiffness, and swelling
- Burning or tingling sensation of skin
Veenat 100mg Warning And Precaution
The warnings and precautions associated with Imatinib therapy are as follows:
- Edema and severe fluid retention have occurred. Doctors are advised to weigh patients regularly and manage unexpected rapid weight gain by drug interruption and diuretics.
- Cytopenias, particularly anemia, neutropenia, and thrombocytopenia, have occurred. Manage with dose reduction or dose interruption and in rare cases discontinuation of treatment. Complete blood counts have to be performed weekly for the first month, biweekly for the second month, and periodically thereafter.
- Severe congestive heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction have been reported, specially in patients with comorbidities and risk factors. Monitor and treat patients with cardiac disease or risk factors for cardiac failure.
- Severe hepatotoxicity including fatalities can occur. patients must be assessed for liver function before initiation of treatment and monthly thereafter or as clinically indicated.
- Grade 3/4 hemorrhage has been reported in clinical studies in patients with newly diagnosed CML and with GIST. GI tumor sites may be the source of GI bleeds in GIST.
- Monitor liver function when combined with chemotherapy known to be associated with liver dysfunction.
- Gastrointestinal perforations, some fatal, have been reported.
- Cardiogenic shock/left ventricular dysfunction has been associated with the initiation of Veenat tablets (Generic Gleevec) in patients with conditions associated with high eosinophil levels (e.g., HES, MDS/MPD and ASM).
- Bullous dermatologic reactions (e.g., erythema multiforme and Stevens-Johnson syndrome) have been reported with the use of Gleevec.
- Hypothyroidism has been observed in thyroidectomy patients undergoing Levothyroxine replacement. TSH levels in such patients have to be closely monitored.
- Fetal harm can occur when administered to a pregnant woman. Inform women of the potential harm to the fetus, and to avoid pregnancy when taking Veenat tablets.
- Growth retardation occurring in children and pre-adolescents receiving Imatinib has been reported. Close monitoring of growth in children under Generic Gleevec treatment is recommended.
- Close monitoring is recommended in cases of Tumor lysis syndrome.
- Reports of motor vehicle accidents have been received in patients undergoing generic Gleevec therapy. Caution patients about driving a car or operating machinery when undergoing treatment with this medicine.
Veenat 100mg Dosage
- Veenat 100mg
- Veenat 400mg
Veenat 100mg Uses
Veenat 100mg Capsule is used in the treatment of blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia) and gastrointestinal stromal tumour.
Veenat 100mg Storage
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use after the expiry date which is stated on the carton.
Do not store above 30°C.
Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture.
Do not use any pack that is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
Veenat 100mg Review
“Year on year Strapcart.com come up with my veenat 400 capsule at a great price – highly recommended.” – Sharon Smith