What is Vyfat 120mg Capsule?
Vyfat 120 MG Capsule is an antiobesity preparations that helps in reducing the weight of obese patients. Take this medicine with each meal containing fat. Proper diet and exercise are necessary to control weight. Multivitamins are recommended while taking this preparation.
Vyfat 120 MG Capsule helps to prevent the absorption of some of the fats that we eat by the body. Primarily prescribed for weight loss or to keep off the already lost pounds from getting back, Vyfat 120 MG Capsule must be coupled with a healthy low calorie diet for optimal benefits. Also, the usage of this drug is restricted to adults only.
Remember that losing weight isn’t exactly encouraged during pregnancy, even if one is overweight to the point of being obese. If you are suffering from conditions such as chronic mal-absorption of nutrients and other gallbladder related issues, then the usage of Vyfat 120 MG Capsule is strictly advised against.
Certain conditions can make taking this drug a little tricky; these include an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), problems of the gallbladder, Diabetes (type 1/tytpe2), pancreatitis, liver disorders, eating disorders or if you’ve been using over-the-counter or prescription medications for weight loss.
How To Vyfat 120mg Work?
Vyfat 120mg Capsule is a lipase inhibitor. It works in the stomach and small intestine by blocking the absorption of fat from food by blocking enzymes responsible for the breakdown of fat.
How To Take Vyfat 120mg Capsule?
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Vyfat 120mg Capsule may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Avoid Vyfat 120mg Capsule with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Drug interaction of Vyfat 120mg
Drugs that interact with Orlistat include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
Side Effects of Vyfat 120mg
The following are the most common side effects of Orlistat:
- Fatty/oily stools
- Faecal urgency
- Rectal bleeding
- Menstrual irregularities
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe nausea
- Severe vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Back pain
- Painful urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
Warning of Vyfat 120mg Capsule
Do not use Vyfat if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Vyfat
- you are not overweight
- you have problems absorbing food or bile flow problems (e.g., cholestasis)
- you have received an organ transplant
- you take cyclosporine
- Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you
Use Vyfat as directed by your doctor.
- Read the chart on the medicine package. You may consider starting Vyfat if your weight is the same or more than the weight shown for your height. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Take Vyfat by mouth with each meal containing fat. Do not take more than 3 capsules daily.
- If a meal is missed or contains no fat, do not take a dose of Vyfat.
- Vyfat may decrease your absorption of vitamins. Take a multivitamin once a day at bedtime.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Vyfat.
Uses of Vyfat 120mg
Orlistat is used for obesity management.
Vyfat Capsule is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Stop weight gain
- Reduce weight in high cholesterol
- Reduce weight in high blood pressure patients
- Reduce weight in diabetes
- Reduce weight in heart disease
- Vyfat Capsule may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Storage of Vyfat 120mg
Store Vyfat Capsules at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep in a tight, light-resistant container. Keep Vyfat out of the reach of children and away from pets.