Buy Novonorm 2mg Online
Novonorm (2mg) is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels by causing the pancreas to produce insulin. Novonorm (2mg) is used together with diet and exercise to treat type 2 diabetes. Other diabetes medicines are sometimes used in combination with Novonorm (2mg) if needed. Novonorm (2mg) may also be used for purposes not listed in Novonorm (2mg) guide.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Novonorm 2mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How does Repaglinide work?
Repaglinide belongs to the class of drugs called oral hypoglycaemic agents. This drug acts by stimulating the insulin release from the pancreas. This action is produced by opening the calcium channels in the intracellular spaces, which enhances the release of insulin. This drug helps in lowering the glucose levels during the meals, but a long-term treatment is required for effective glycaemic control.
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Repaglinide as prescribed by your doctor.
All drugs interact differently for person to person. You should check all the possible interactions with your doctor before starting any medicine.
Interaction with Alcohol
- Description – N/A
- Instructions – Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with this medicine due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
Interaction with Medicine
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Novonorm 2 mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Novonorm 2 mg Tablet is not recommended for use in patients with a known history of cardiovascular disorders due to the increased risk of death. Replacement with a suitable alternative should be done based on the clinical condition.
- Renal Dysfunction
- This medicine should be administered with extreme caution in patients suffering from renal diseases due to the increased risk of worsening of the patient’s condition. Appropriate dose adjustments and adjustments in the time interval between two doses should be done based on the clinical condition.
- Hepatic impairment
- This medicine should be administered with extreme caution in patients suffering from liver diseases due to the increased risk of worsening of the patient’s condition. Appropriate dose adjustments and adjustments in the time interval between two doses should be done based on the clinical condition.
- Consumption of grapefruit juice is not recommended during treatment with this medicine due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
- Information not available.
The following are the most common side effects of Repaglinide:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Cold sweat
- Increased urination
- Increased hunger
- Increased thirst
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurry vision
- Increased heart rate
- Joint pains
- Severe diarrhoea
Warnings & Precautions
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of adrenal, pituitary, liver, or kidney problems, high blood acid levels, high fever, poor nutrition, alcoholism, severe infection, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Monitor fasting blood sugar and hemoglobin A1c level regularly while taking this medication.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I take Repaglinide?
- Repaglinide tablet is recommended for a long-term treatment. A change in the drug may be recommended if the medicine is not effective in later treatment stages. Please consult your doctor.
Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking Repaglinide?
- Yes, proper diabetic diet accompanied with regular exercise is advised while on Repaglinide medication.
Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Repaglinide?
- Yes, regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is recommended while using Repaglinide tablet.
Can I use Repaglinide to treat type 1 diabetes?
- No, Repaglinide is only used to treat type 2 diabetes. Please consult your doctor for an appropriate medication to treat type 1 diabetes.
Store it at controlled room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.